Grants and Funding
The NWC Committee is committed to helping members of its region develop as players, referees and polo coaches, with the long term plan of developing the region as whole by helping you to help others. We have set aside a pot of money for 2016 to reduce the financial burden on those of you pursuing development.
Guidelines for Applications
The method will generally be on a claim back system, where the course or activity has already happened and you would like to claim some of the cost back although some dispensation will be given to allow for funding in advance if a clear commitment is shown.
This grant is mainly focussed upon individual development down the pathway to GB squads and to further club/region development in the future but it can also be used for certain club events.
Examples of things that may be approved for a grant are:
- Payment towards costs of individuals attending GB squads/academy training or events.
- Payments towards costs of attending/organising referee course, Polo specific coach courses.
- Payments towards costs involved in running a come and try polo session at a site other than your own.
This is not an exhaustive list and all applications will be considered carefully before accepting or rejecting them.
- The Applicant must be a member of a club that must be BC affiliated.
- The club must be located within the NWC region.
- The club must either have an active presence within the NWC League or state an intention to enter the following season, failure to do so will severely limit future funding opportunities.
- Any event or course already subsidised by the committee will not be eligible for funding.
- If you are gaining funding from any other source this should be included on the form.